I have a 91 Subaru loyale and it died on me and wont start I think its a fuel problem it turns over and putters out I've checked the fuel pump and the lines its getting gas to the injector its firring just not staying on it I'm stumped any help would be great thank you

theoneslim
10

Asked by theoneslim Mar 10, 2013 at 02:12 PM about the 1991 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

judge_roy

Do you have any check engine light? onboard trouble codes that can be retreived?

theoneslim
10

When I try to start no engine light goes on when I pump the gas to try and make it start it kinda putts and the just dies I've tried to clean the injectors it never gets to the full start

judge_roy

http://www.carparts.com/details/Subaru/Loyale/Airtex/Fuel_Pump/1991/AFE8059.html?TID=80000000CP&origin=pla&CP=1&CP_SRC=PPC&id=cpaifupu91subaruloyale19911994airtexafe805996521&gclid=COrineD78rUCFcZFMgodUBsAdg

judge_roy

you should test this pump before replacing it. You are going to want a pair of 'pincer clamps' from the auto parts store, for pinching fuel lines, as you will need them for replacing this. I just put the link on there for an Airtex unit, but you can do your own shopping, rockauto or your local store may be a better deal.