Car stereo replacement gone haywire on 1993 subaru legacy

ElleDee
0

Asked by ElleDee Mar 25, 2013 at 03:34 AM about the 1993 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Wagon

I replaced my old stereo because it broke, except maybe it wasn't the stereo that was broken. The new stereo works with the key on but loses all memory when key is off. I tested what I thought was the constant (not switched) wire and there is no juice when the key is off. And since I took the stereo out the dome and map lights don't work. Help!

Please don't say fuses, I've checked them all three times, and replaced almost all of them, just to be sure.

62,875

First job with the radio out is to get the dome and map lights working. It could very well be your constant (not switched) wire. Find out what color wires go to the dome and map lights and look for them in the radio hole.