just bought a 75' 2 door coupe t top corvette for $4,000 engine and trans are in very good shape, new tires, 95k miles. needs electrical, interior work and paint job. did i pay too much?

newvetteman
35

Asked by newvetteman Oct 26, 2012 at 09:18 PM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

gustang
495

You may not have paid too much. The big question is what will it cost to fix it up the way you want it? How much will you spend & what will the car be worth when you are finished. Do some homework before you put anymore money into the car.

newvetteman
35

well, i am not wanting to enter into any car show or anything like that. i just want everything to work and have a nice paint job. right now, the lights come on but don't go up or down, the signals don't work (but hazards do), the windshield wipers don't work, and passenger window only works when the door is open. bought the car before really knowing how much all that would cost. i have maybe $5000 to put into it.

gustang
495

It looks clean. Sounds like the lights, signals & wipers are your next challenge. As long as the tranny, rear end & engine stay strong, you should be in good shape. Try not to fall in love with it. If this happens, the money will flow. Good Luck.

Daytona1808
0

I had a car once and the same this was wrong with it I found out that a rat or some animal was chewing on the wires and ripped them you might want to check your harness 1st good luck