how much for a new engine

Crosby
0

Asked by Crosby Oct 07, 2008 at 02:38 AM about the 1981 Chevrolet Corvette

I am thinking about buying a 1981 Corvette. It needs a new engine, a paint job and new tires? What do you think it's
worth.
Thanks so much

bluRAYwhale
135

as long as your still thinking about it and haven't spent any money yet, its all good. forget about this car. in its present condition you aren't buying a car, your buying used parts. find a low mileage one in excellent condition in that year, you'd be surprised how inexpensive one can be purchased, and there is lots of them around. it will cost you far less than the paint/motor/purchase price, tires don't cost too much, maybe $400.00 for some T/A's

vegasone
5

Agreed...even after u were through you would have more in labor..even your own than the car is worth. Trust me the engine is a large part of the car but not all...you've heard about the owning a boat joke? Same with old vettes getting them back to muster, n I am not kidding. Enjoy it though, cool car.