6 CD changer

HoJo
35

Asked by HoJo Oct 29, 2011 at 01:35 PM about the 2005 Honda CR-V SE AWD

How do I remove the CD Changer from the Honda?  All of my cds are stuck in the changer and I get an error message.  I can not switch between CDs, so I assume that the changer need repairing or replacement

HoJo
35

I did figure out how to remove the entire unit, but was unable to remove the changer unit or to remove the cds. Any thoughts on how to do this. Does anyone know if the changer unit is a separate unit and if it can be replaced without replacing the whole radio assembly?

Eric Head
15

What you have is most likely a indash 6 disk head unit. I would recommend taking it to your local radio shop for repair, or check online, but not much the normal customer can do in your situation. Unless the cds have sentimental value, I personally would just replace the head unit with an aftermarket head unit that plays mp3s, and has Bluetooth for your phone...

cdplayerhater_
0

This is not answer...The 6 CD player just totally sucks!!!!! It's difficult to get out and it's nearly impossible to get back in. The engineer that designed that multi-player unit must have been at the bottom of their class. I now face a long drive having to listen to stupid radio stations that play the same 10 songs over and over and over. Thanks Honda!