can you hollow out a catlayc converter on a 2000 hyandai elantra and still run right?

rkoking
0

Asked by rkoking Jun 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

tommcmanis
2,805

Yes you can however is illegal in most states and will make the car where you CANNOT get smog,deq,inspection. Depending on your state can get you a fine and or jail time. Ebay is your best bet for a new one.

14,165

You may also get a check engine light for downstream O2 sensor.

jamnblues
3,915

just take the converter off, get a bypass pipe, and sell the expensive little metals inside it at a salvage yard- win, win! (you didn't hear this from me)