How do you change the clock setting?

WarrenD
0

Asked by WarrenD Oct 06, 2013 at 10:52 PM about the Volkswagen Jetta

I have a pre-owned 2013 Jetta TDI sedan but no owner's manual.  I need to know how to adjust the time on the clock.  It has a navigation system integrated with the radio and entertainment system, which also includes a clock.  There is another clock on the speedometer..  I would like to be able to change both but don't know if they change together or independently.  Thanks.

Racer_X
15,495

Free Complete Owners Manual: http://www.gobookee.org/2013-vw-jetta-tdi-owners-manual/

Racer_X
15,495

Quick Start Guide from VW website: http://my.vw.com/2013-jetta/manuals

Scott Sr.
2,915

The clocks are tied together. The pushbutton on the instrument cluster opposite the trip odometer reset should enable clock setting. Do get those digital manuals and familiarize yourself with your vehicle. Well done, Racer_X.

Racer_X
15,495

Thanks Scott...glad I could help out :)

Racer_X
15,495

WarrenD...Let us know if the Owners Manual links that I provided give you the information you need to change the clock setting!

mstrohminger
25

You use the buttons by the gaugesto set the clock. Press the left one once. Then press the right one until the hour sets. then repeat for minutes. You only have to set it in one place!

Turbomom
10

Well, i still did not get it until Just Now when our VW dealership described it much clearer than the manual does: There are tiny buttons to the left or your rpm gauge. One has a tiny clock on it. The left side of that tiny button sets hours; the right side sets minutes. To change the minutes or the hours, you use the 0.0/set button to the right of your speedometer gauge, the same button that resets your trip miles. Voila!

kili2007
0

Wow...thanks for that!

crashd
30

He didn't ask for the owner's manual and a boatload of information to look through on another page, he asked for specific information! Others who come along later will also want to know specifically ow to change the time. On my 2010 Jetta, on left side of instrument panel, press the button once to make the Hour setting blink. Then click on the right button to set/change the Hour. Press the left button once more to select the next menu item, Minutes. Then click on the right button to set/change the minutes. Press the left button again a few times to take the adjustment off of the time until Miles is selected. That's when I either turn off or turn on the car. The time will remain set.