How do you change the clock setting?

WarrenD
0

Asked by WarrenD Oct 06, 2013 at 10:52 PM about the Volkswagen Jetta

I have a pre-owned 2013 Jetta TDI sedan but no owner's manual.  I need to know how to adjust the time on the clock.  It has a navigation system integrated with the radio and entertainment system, which also includes a clock.  There is another clock on the speedometer..  I would like to be able to change both but don't know if they change together or independently.  Thanks.

Racer_X
19,255

Free Complete Owners Manual: http://www.gobookee.org/2013-vw-jetta-tdi-owners-manual/

Racer_X
19,255

Quick Start Guide from VW website: http://my.vw.com/2013-jetta/manuals

Scott Sr.
3,545

The clocks are tied together. The pushbutton on the instrument cluster opposite the trip odometer reset should enable clock setting. Do get those digital manuals and familiarize yourself with your vehicle. Well done, Racer_X.

Racer_X
19,255

Thanks Scott...glad I could help out :)

Racer_X
19,255

WarrenD...Let us know if the Owners Manual links that I provided give you the information you need to change the clock setting!

mstrohminger
25

You use the buttons by the gaugesto set the clock. Press the left one once. Then press the right one until the hour sets. then repeat for minutes. You only have to set it in one place!

Turbomom
20

Well, i still did not get it until Just Now when our VW dealership described it much clearer than the manual does: There are tiny buttons to the left or your rpm gauge. One has a tiny clock on it. The left side of that tiny button sets hours; the right side sets minutes. To change the minutes or the hours, you use the 0.0/set button to the right of your speedometer gauge, the same button that resets your trip miles. Voila!

kili2007
0

Wow...thanks for that!

crashd
60

He didn't ask for the owner's manual and a boatload of information to look through on another page, he asked for specific information! Others who come along later will also want to know specifically ow to change the time. On my 2010 Jetta, on left side of instrument panel, press the button once to make the Hour setting blink. Then click on the right button to set/change the Hour. Press the left button once more to select the next menu item, Minutes. Then click on the right button to set/change the minutes. Press the left button again a few times to take the adjustment off of the time until Miles is selected. That's when I either turn off or turn on the car. The time will remain set.

Racer_X
19,255

Proverb Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. 1. It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something than to do it for him.

Scott Sr.
3,545

VW ownership is a composite experience. You must embrace the ETERNAL collection of knowledge, plan for the constant acquisition of tools and support materials, and welcome the involvement of a worldwide community of people who love their cars not just for the engineering or the transportation, but equally the art and creative outlet their vehicles represent. If you want a car as reliable as a toaster, drive a Corolla, it will generate the same passion and enjoyment as a toaster. If you want to be spoon fed technical instructions, take your iPad to the Apple Genius and ask him for a lesson...good luck. VWs are meant to be lived, not just driven. Learn to love it, learn to know it...learn what it means be a VW owner.

Jill Russell
0

We had the same problem, and I figured out how to do the hour and minute adjustment, but now it seems to not allow the AM/PM to change. Any suggestions?

votary
5

Related question: I would love it if someone could help me figure out how to the the outside temperature to display. It was displaying, then someone must have changed something and now it only shows the trip odometer. I want the outside temperature back, and be damned if we can figure it out! (yes, we've been pressing those little buttons on either side of the panel alternately in every combination we can think of).

votary
5

It's 2015 Jetta, but I finally gave up and called the dealer. Answer (in case anyone else is wondering): it's on the end of the turn signal arm.

Scott Sr.
3,545

correct...the menu control is on top of the right control stalk (at least it was in the 2015 Jetta I just rented last week). Learning all the controls can be a daunting task. I remember when intermittent wipers showed up...flabbergasting!

Dincon
0

In answer to the AM or PM question. The P next to the time on the instrument cluster isn't for PM it is for PARK.