My "Service Engine Soon" light just illuminated. What actions do I need to take? What are some of the reason for this light to come on?

islander671
0

Asked by islander671 Oct 26, 2011 at 09:48 AM about the Chevrolet Corvette

Light just came on. Is this a service light? Does it imapct any of the diagnostics (Cats, etc)?

Austin Barton
135

These lights cover a variety of systems in the car. they range from most things like gas caps not on properly to misfires etc... the best way would be to get your car scanned wether you can do it or at a local shop. That stored code would be able to help diagnose the problem.

Tom Torres
1,525

take to autozone to get codes checked or take to a shop to get fixed if u dont feel like investigating it the light is a indicator to let the driver know something is wrong what year vette? engine size? be glad to help out if u get me that info if u can including the code that is stored in the computer

Chris Phelps
115

Could be a O2 sensor...

a68cord
65

The above answers are shit. The computer in your car (ECM) stores over four hundred different codes. The manufacture won a court case that he doesnt have to release these codes for fear that a part purchased from the Autozone store will compromise the rest of the cars electronic sensor system. Go to the Gm dealer. He will pull all the stored codes with a scan tool. Then using the can tool he has , he will check each part to see where the failure occured. At that time he will tell you what it will take to fix the problem . If you decline the repair he will charge you a diagnostic fee and you will be on your way . Now your Corvette can only show you this one sign, so , fif something else happens you will not be informed because you think its the problem you were told about . Trust the dealer ...............they are trained to work on your car. Glaze

Chris Manzanilla
75

Take it to an autozone and they can read the codes for free. this can be caused by MANY different things. get it checked out, could be something small or something pricy.