My girlfriends dad just asked if I wanted to rebuild his 1975 stingray. So of course I said yes unfortunately I do not know what I would need to rebuild it.

Asked by Adriancountry3 Nov 05, 2013 at 01:38 AM about the 1975 Chevrolet Corvette

He said he hasn't started it in a few
years so what would I need to get
this beauty running.

How the hell would WE haven't posted any pictures...did you look under the hood to see if it's overheat...transmission coolant lines for leakin' of fluid...we gots nothin' to go on~ mission impossible~

all things are possible, I say ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Roy. and I hope you Adrian, didn't tell him you don't know what the ell your doing,dig in pull the plugs squirt some oil in, charge a battery, fill the carb at vent ports, spray some ether fire away,tell everyone to stand back 10 feet or more , oh yeah!

uncle Wally took his shoes off for that HOT 300 mile drive...the cabin filter died a tragic death...Wally's long gone, but his Horrible foot odor shall live on...on the passenger side carpeting....oh and that 20 piece nugget got lost under the seat...well the ants found it alright~...of course "fix-a-flat" was used on all four tires...and the spare~oooh la la~

money would be a good place to start

This will give you idea on what you were you would need to start......

...... Well son with an obvious lack of talent, guess you'd need a whoppin' bank account !~! ... Good luck with the most lame Vette ( HP,etc.) ever built .. a 75', pitiful ! What, rated at 175 horse ? Hell, some years ago I had a 79' L48, wouldn't pull tha' hat off your head ! ... OK, seriously, what " 7jimmy7" said is a good start...... BUT, with bucks to burn (?) drop in a 350 horse crate backed with a "kitted" 700R4......... BUT ! WAIT ! .. If it's an original 4spd, DON'T F. with it, keep it original ! ... Sooo many C3's back then were automatics that a 4spd car is kinda' rare ! ... Again , Good Luck !

the 75 is a crap car. too heavy, no power, cheap interior, the break calipers will need to be replaced, the rear leaf spring is too soft, the anti- roll bars are too weak and the urethane bumpers need to be replaced. the 75 is a money pit. that you will never get any money back out of, good luck.

Sorry buddy but if first impressions mean anything, it really doesn't sound like you are qualified to rebuild anything. No offence but if you were, you wouldn't be on here asking such a vague question.