Hey guys I recently bought a hypertech power chip for my car because it is suppose to boost gas mileage in order to save money but I was reading the instructions on the chipand it says I have to use 93 premium octane for the chip which would be the same or more expensive I just want to know if I could still use 83 regular and if it would be worth it

Asked by raulj Apr 24, 2014 at 06:12 PM about the 1987 Pontiac Fiero

I want to know if I could still use regular gas instead of
premium and if not would it be worth putting the chip in

The chip is programmed to add more timing and change the parameters of your cars ECM. The chip is for performance, and you will need to run 93 octane. Sorry you missed that when you purchased the chip. Running anything lower and your car will run worse than with the factory chip. Try returning it, as those chips add modest HP and are not worth it, IMO.

Best Answer

Thank you do you know of any chip that helps with gas mileageq

No, sorry. Keep it tuned up, tires inflated and drive easy. Your going to avg. in the low 20's at best in a 26 year old Fiero.

Damn thanks