'07 Jeep Liberty- ESP Light

Ghandi
10

Asked by Ghandi Oct 08, 2010 at 01:25 PM about the 2007 Jeep Liberty

I'm really confused about the ESP light. The dealer I bought it from says its on when the light is out and that when you push the button to turn the light on, it's actually off. Is this the case? Anyone know?

Chase Sutherland
3,315

thats exactly correct

Ghandi
10

My next concern. I have read many concerns from Jeep drivers that the esp light comes on too frequenly while driving. I have driven this vehicle for three month, skidded on wet roads and leave, but have yet to see the ESP light go on. Is this normal? Could someone have deactivated it.

Chase Sutherland
3,315

It all depends on how you reacted during those situations. If you stopped applying gas when you started to skid then there was no reason for the ESP to activate. It only happens when the driver doesn't have the proper reaction with the accelerator and corrects that. So if you started skidding and tires spinning but applied more gas you would notice that your car will automatically correct for you and basically "disconnect" the accelerator from whatthe car is doing. I always turned mine off on my 300C. I trusted my driving over it. Although sometimes in the winter it was good to have on.