I have an 87 ford f250 351 carborated. I can drive it about a mile and it cuts out till it dies. I replaced all the fuel filters and pump but its doing the same thing.

kahlercody
0

Asked by kahlercody Jan 29, 2012 at 09:11 PM about the 1987 Ford F-250

papa

sounds like the choke pull off is bad,what it is dpoing is flooding itself out.another thing to check is the pick up modgel under dis cap.

Joel Mearns
625

Check you have an electrical fault for sure.

kahlercody
0

thank u for your replies! ill check that out.

Bubba Allen
25

or i would say the choke is logical you should be able to disconnect it the try a go at it.

kahlercody
0

Now I cant get it to crank except when I pour gas in the carburetor and when I mash the gas to the floor it wants to cut out and finally it does. It has plenty of gas though.

Bubba Allen
25

Probaly gummed up carb or one or bothof your jets could be gummed up ur the diaphram in the carb. I would say rebuild the carb. should be around 20 to 30 bucks.

Joel Mearns
625

Gold hand over carb while you get someone to wind it over. While engine is running hold hand over carb, if it revs up you have a vacuum leak. If not there may be a fuel restriction. Blockage. Check the throttle diaphragm may be split. Throw some carby cleaner down its guts. And rev to half throttle jam a rag over the carb....