What can I expect to pay for a 64 that has been sitting in a garage and not even started for the last 10 years?

wapes
0

Asked by wapes Jun 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM about the 1964 Chevrolet Corvette

papa

lets just say,hope you got a big bank acc.unless the seller dont know what he-she has.let the seller start with the price.if it is low,say 3 grand,dont jump to the roof,think about it.if 10 grand still get it.the car is worth 30 to 50 grand.

Steven Phillips
265

agreed especially if its a stingray or split window, its worth every penny, especially if restored, the chance to buy a early gen corvette doesn't come around often, if you buy it post up pics, that would be sweet to see.

Krez
465

It all really depends what options it has. This car would not be worth as much as a 63 or 65. Is it Coupe or Vert? Four speed or auto? Find out what options it has. As for it not being started for 10 years, the engine could need a total rebuild, yet it may not. Can you get the vin number? If its a NO3 bigtank , it could be big bucks.

Jason Ring
35

Even though it sat in a garage for ten years mileage still plays a factor on its value also.

Buh Smith
405

Split window is only a 63 coupe option. All 1963 to 1967 Corvettes are Sting Rays.

Bryan King
0

hmm.. thats a potential sweet find, or a potential bankruptcy. you see the car in person? as everyone said, check up on the options, how original it is, etc. do your research on that year model and get a good feel for the car before negotiating, as to not overpay, etc. if it was stored properly it should be in good shape dependingon how it was when it was taken off the road.. also ask if there was a reason it was stored, ie bad tranny blown motor, etc etc...

Jen Lax
0

thanks for correcting that. Sting Ray is also 2 words up to 67. 69 and later it became one word.

Buh Smith
405

I'm in love! :) I thought I'd sound too pretentious if I added that last part and of course you are correct. Wanna date? :)

Jen Lax
0

lol. Yes sir I am.Figured there was nothing wrong with giving him a little bit of info.

Buh Smith
405

By all means give him more! I could listen all night!

spydr454
0

Well low and behold ... i just bought a 1964 Corvette at Carlisle this past week-end. A Daytona blue/blue interior ..4spd.. Air Conditioned Coupe. With 74k miles. A garage find ...i don't think so. The days of finding a decent car in Grandma's garage are over ... Although you would have the best searching in Florida. There is plenty to do with this beauty .. another 5K and she will look presentably correct ... although an interior refit would be nice. The gauges all work...a rebuild on the dash would be around 6/ 9 hundred. We drove it 80 miles back to the shop and all was fine... no overheating. YES the A/C does not work.. but all is there. A show repaint ... interior ... and a pile of cash. BUT .. that is what the hobby is ...go ahead and buy one at the auctions ...10% and all. Pick up a DECENT .. car.. A/C if you can find one and learn about the car. ... I just had it appraised ... 45K, and it need a bit if paint and interior.