I own an 86 corvette with greenwood kit 160k miles in central fl. it was recently in a accident and I am trying to find out what the value is on this car in case the ins comp trys to total it?

okko
0

Asked by okko Apr 03, 2011 at 10:00 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

this is a greenwood series 86 corvette with high miles but it was recently in a wreck and I am not sure the ins company will pay to fix yet or if they will try to total it and just pay out.  My concern is that I do not see many of these for sale so I am not sure what the value would be and I do not want to let the ins company get the best of me.  How can I get an good value on my car. Not sure if it maters but I also have both tops for it as well glass and solid.  Can you help me with this??  Thanks

Joe Finis Sr.
655

Unless you were insured with Hagerty, Grundy, or one of the other specialty/collector car companies you are very likely to only receive the book value of a standard 1986 Corvette (which probably isn't that much). Sometimes though you can negotiate with the company to "buy" the salvage vehicle from them, but that varies you would need to discuss the matter with your agent.

okko
0

Joe, thanks for the info, I guess my next problem is I don't know where to find the book value as Kelly blue book site does not go that far back in years. Do you by chance know how I could find the book value on my car? That would be a huge help. Thanks

Joe Finis Sr.
655

Try these sites; http://www.hemmings.com/priceguide/ http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars

wolfdog1947
0

If you kept the car I also have one with the greewood kit. I am parting it out.