Mazda tribute 3ltr v6. It sometimes judders when going into overdrive. It's been suggested that the overdrive band or the torque convertor is on the way out. Can you replace them or,would it be a new gearbox? Drives really good when its in gear and it only does the judder sometimes.

Leeplant78
20

Asked by Leeplant78 Sep 27, 2013 at 01:28 AM about the 2001 Mazda Tribute

68,035

Your looking at a transmission rebuild as those parts are internal to the transmission. How many mile do you have on the vehicle? Are you going to change the fluid? Keep driving it, if it doesn't really bother you and start socking away some cash for a future repair.

Leeplant78
20

Thanks Tom, doesn't really bother me just don't want the car to break down. I will get the transmission oil changed first and see if that helps. It's got 185kms on. Been looking at replacement boxes and fitted about 2500 Ozzie dollars.

68,035

At 185km and you never changed the fluid, your due, Good Luck! I'd use DexronIII/Mercon as that's what came original in your tranmission.

Leeplant78
20

It's had a full service history with it, I've had the car just over a year now. I will let you know how I get on.