2002 kia sportage door panel

IknowNothing
0

Asked by IknowNothing Mar 22, 2014 at 08:45 PM about the 2002 Kia Sportage

My rear right window wont roll up, just down. I need to take the door panel off so I can at
least get the window back up. I dont want to be that guy with plastic and tape on his car.

33,505

Try this: have someone hold the up button for the problem window as you slam the door shut, sometimes that will shock the motor's bushes and make the window work for just long enough to get the window up. If that don't work then the door panel will have to come off, the best way is to do that is remove all of the screws first, warm up the interior, then using a pair of long nose pliers locate the plastic pins than hold the door panel on and carefully pry on each side of them till they clear the door skin, that should gain you access to the doors insides.

Mark Grignon
5,245

Yes, agreed.. The "door slam" method is a good one. Once you have access you could also tap on the window motor with the handle end of a screw driver see if you can drive it loose. Or look for obvious bad connections. Use a meter while engaging the up switch to make sure you're getting voltage to the motor.

Dorian Ellis
50

I'll give it a try!

Dorian Ellis
50

I was just about to take my door apart, because "Holding Up Button Door Slam" method was not working. I rolled the window down all the way and could hear the clicking when it hit bottom, but no sound when I pressed up. That made me think motor still working. I went under hood and pulled P/WIN RELAY, without disconnecting battery. It was really hot. Let it cool in my hand for about 5 min. On my second try my window rolled back up. I put my tools away! :-}