I have a 2002 Kia Sportage. Both inner and outer door handle will not open the driver side door. does anyone know what I can do to get the driver side door open since the handles are both broken?

Kevin Stout
10

Asked by Kevin Aug 25, 2013 at 08:47 AM about the Kia Sportage

I know what the problem is on my 2002 Kia Sportage. the linkage inside has came apart
for the inner and outer door handles. now I can't get the door open at all to be able to
take off door panel to work on it. does anyone have any suggestions for me?

30,995

That going to be a good one. Might be able to get in there if you slide drivers seat all the way back. Remove all screw that you can get to. Should be one in inside door handle area along with possibly a clip there too. Should be another inside the handle area of door panel. And two along the back edge of the door. Then pull out and up on door panel. Probably wont come all the way off but should be able to reach in behind it enough to work the door latch right at the latch mech. Hope this helps and good luck. If inner handle is broke right at handle might also be able to reach in there with needle nose pliers and pull door release rod.

Best Answer
30,995

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5UPOVhA4GE -- this will show where screws are located.

Best Answer
Kevin Stout
10

Thankyou for your help. It was very helpful.

30,995

Your welcome.