having probs with 3 of my 4 doors with locking and unlocking on my 02 kia sportage

Casey Bain-Breckel
0

Asked by Casey Nov 15, 2013 at 03:45 AM about the 2002 Kia Sportage

my back driver side stays locked (even though the lock is unlocked, the door is still
locked). You cannot unlock it at all. The front passenger side door is locked, it will only
unlock if i put the key in on the outside and turn the key in the hole about 5 or 6 times. If
this door unlocks, it will not shut, and you have to lock it to get it to shut. Today my front
driver side is now locked too. It will only open if you pull the handle from the inside. My
question is do you think it is a security mess up or will i have to buy 3 door lock kits for
my vehicle?

47,305

http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-2001-2005-rio/30650-2002-kia-door-won- t-unlock.html -- lots of users having the same issue with the kias. Seems there is a plastic clip and spring in the door that tends to go bad or break with age. Check out link to view possible inexpensive fixes. Hope this helps