Overheated 2006 Jeep Libert

1234Jeep
0

Asked by 1234Jeep Oct 28, 2013 at 03:06 PM about the 2006 Jeep Liberty

It has had no problems until now. it overheated, a/c quit, strong anti-freeze smell, smoke coming from under the hood, but there is no leak that we can find. Looking under the hood in the reservoir it didn't look like it needed any fluids until we took the cap off and all the fluid drained into the engine, then it took about a gallon and a half to fill it back up.

judge_roy

....out of the landing strip am going to call the Thermostat is stuck closed...Heats up quickly?...even tho there is enough coolant in there?....proceeds to boil the coolant 'till steamin'?....yes an obstruction is preventing the flow...the thermostat...unlikely that a waterpump has it's vanes disintegrated....but this can happen as well~ https://www.google.com/#q=2006+Jeep+Liberty+thermostat&tbm=shop

judge_roy

It got stuck closed because there is gank in the coolant stream~ should probably go for an antifreeze change at this point....it is the change of seasons BTW~