2006 Jeep Liberty heater not working

BEXAR
10

Asked by BEXAR Mar 02, 2013 at 02:34 PM about the 2006 Jeep Liberty

Replaced heater blower motor resistor and heater still not working

judge_roy

is there coolant flow there, through the heater core? You haven't been doing any cooling system repair recently? You know the vehicle must run a while for the motor to reach operating temperature when upon the thermostat will open up and release heated coolant into your heat exchanger loop...perhaps you're getting impatient or the t-stat ain't openin' up...very bad, you'll overheat if this is the case.

judge_roy

...so at operating temperature, there still isn't coolant flow? is this the problem?

BEXAR
10

I don't know. My husband isn't here to tell me. But he tapped on the side of the motor and its running fine now. Is the motor going out?

BEXAR
10

Haven't done anything with coolant.

judge_roy

...but the heater ain't comin' on?

judge_roy

and isn't smelling like burnt chicken? and the temp ga isn't goin' in the red?

judge_roy

...still would like to suggest that you change the thermostat, and do it in an environmentally responsible fashion (capturing the coolant in another bottle) rather than putting it on the ground where birds will drink it and die. After you've gotten your new t-stat in, we can talk about your heat situation.

BEXAR
10

Thanks for your help. Will let you know the verdict.