why does our 05 dodge sprinter keep needing jumped?

jcoulter
0

Asked by jcoulter Jun 05, 2012 at 03:12 PM about the 2005 Dodge Sprinter

have replaced the battery , the starter and the alternator, and yet the sprinter sometimes will not start . when you turn the key, engine fan kicks on but nothing ..it won't start.  after jumping it, it will run fine for a day or two and then the same thing happens. any advice?

Timmy Gingras
45

bad ground somewhere. check wiring.

JJ Flynn
55

You need to test for a possible parasitic drain. Start with this test http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain If you determine that you have a drain you need to locate it, which is tedious and quite a long process less you get lucky but I think you would agree not having to jump your car all the time would make it worth it. Good Luck

arvel
20

have you checked the starter relay located below the drivers seat

You think this is helpful.