Brake Lights Circuit

35

Asked by May 06, 2008 at 06:59 PM about the 1995 BMW 3 Series 325i

My computer onboard always says... Brake Lights Circuit... I checked all the lights and they are all good. I also replaced de switch under de brake pedal... message still there. What's next ?

45

i had the same problem with mine its a factory default and its very annoying but there unfortunately isnt anything else to do

35

I don't know if this works for everyone but, i switched from single filament bulbs to double filament bulbs and the brake light problem has become less frequent for me.

8,385

If what Subi says is true it sounds like the resistance of the circuit is what triggers the warning. If that be the case some contact cleaner might help. Anyone know more on the subject?

45

E36 renounds for these problems, too many electonics and not enough quality with this model im afraid. You have two possible solutions... 1. is to just live with it, minor bm problems can drive you insane finding the fault, been there many a time. Grin and bear it :) 2. google for the "foot stomp pedal reset" to find the cold reset method for e36 models. It will light up every led and function on the dash, then reset the obc and ecu. This should cure it. Chris

4,635

Had this problem with me 94 325is make sure the brake switch is a four prong and not a two prong set up. Then after checking that see if any of your bulbs are older with oxidation on them they need to be replaced. Once all the lights are replaced check to see if the bulb carrier has any oxidation on the metal contacts if so just clean off with fine sand paper. Also check the contacts inside the light were the bulb carrier screws into. My personally had a hole melted in one of the contacts causing the obc message. Simple fix though just need some soider and a file. If you have any other questions just message me.

30

I am having my on board system telling me that i have a Brake Lights Circuit out . if thats ture is that the same athe brake light switch or different where is it located on the 325i 1995