I have a 2001 saab 95 sedan and when I open the trunk by either the inside door panel button or key fab, the trunk indicator on the dash does not show. Also the trunk light does not come on. So far the bulb and trunk latch have been replaced and still nothing, I also checked fuse #8 and it was not blown.Suggestions?Darryl

Darryl627
10

Asked by Apr 28, 2013 at 08:44 AM about the 2001 Saab 9-5 Base

I have a 2001 saab 95 sedan and when I open the trunk by either the inside door panel
button or key fab, the trunk indicator on the dash does not show.  Also the trunk light
does not come on.  So far the bulb and trunk latch have been replaced and still nothing, I
also checked fuse #8 and it was not blown.
Suggestions?
Darryl

the switch that gets pushed when the trunk is closed is broken or disconnected, once you go back there and get that sorted out, we'll be okay~

Darryl627
10

I was with the understanding the switch was in the latch. Where is the switch located that you mentioned.

no. they are separate thingies---follow the wire back to that location, quite sure that it is not integrated into the latch...could be actuated by an auxiliary tab that activates the switch...but not the latch....follow the wire-

Darryl627
10

Thank you I'll take a look

you know how expensive and unreliable it would be to integrate both functions? it would surprise the living hell out of me if this were the case. It's a matter of reliability. really, if they were going to get 'scientific' about it would be an optical switch with no moving parts....guess it could be one of these, and I'm underestimating the Swedish, but...

95....I don't think so, has to be a simple black button switch used everywhere, on most every car~

Darryl627
10

I opened the liner and noticed to the right (in the area behind the trunk lid pull) there is a arm that comes across from the middle of the trunk lid. The arm connects to a piece of metal that appears to move when the latch is open and there is a small square black switch there. So I need to determine if the switch is bad or the arm that comes across and connects to the middle arm is broken. I mention the arm because when I press the trunk button on the key fab, I hear the mechanism disengaging the latch, but do not see the rotary arm turn at all. Any way I thank you for your assistance in identifying where the problem is.

Is it rusted? salt-water's gotten into the contacts there? I can see that happening~