heated seats are not heating at all

PCDavis11
40

Asked by Feb 16, 2013 at 01:53 PM about the 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom

My heated seats are not working. One stopped about 2 years ago. I checked fuses, but nothing was wrong. Now my passenger seat is not heating.

87,035

There are two types of seat heater elements. One type uses a small, soft, high resistance wire. It looks like thin solder. That type of wire breaks. Sometimes it makes a hot spot that burns through the leather seat cover. --- The other type is a conductive, carbon based liquid that is applied to the backing like paint or ink. The carbon type is more forgiving than the wire type. --- To repair your seats, replace the heating elements. You can get replacement elements at the dealers parts counter, on line stores and eBay. I went with eBay elements a few years back when I installed a leather interior in my car. Installation isn't too hard if you're handy. I would advise removing the seat from the car as it would make it easier to work on. In my case, the bucket seats were held in place with two bolts in the rear. --- If you decide to repair it your self, send me a message. I send you a link to a forum thread about it

PCDavis11
40

My husband is handy; I assist. ha ha Will try what you said...sounds like I might have the small, soft, hig resistance wire type. The driver seat had a hot spot in it before it went out. Thank you. Could you send the link to a forum thread you were talking about. Thank you for your help!

87,035

Link sent. Here's a YouTube link about a heater installation. There's a lot more if your seat is different. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzS8r1-9v0s

tarfanoa
50

could you please send me the link for heated seats (Buick Regal) to tosh3540@gmail.com