what are the minimum cca on a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8L V6?

Asked by Apr 01, 2017 at 04:05 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT

74,765

The cold cranking amperage is the rating of the battery. So what ever the battery says.

80,045

Your owners manual will say but any auto parts store can look it up.

I know I can look at the battery or go to an auto parts store. The point of asking on here was to know the minimum CCA.... I didn't want to have to go to the store. My husband has a battery in his truck and he was going to put it into my van, if it will work. His battery has a lower CCA then the one in my van(which neither is the stock battery). And I do not have the manual for my van anymore, lost in the many moves. Yeah, I know...keep it with my vehicle but crap happens and it is gone now.

74,765

I'm sure the battery from the truck will work if it hooks up right. A minimum would be like 550 cca. to turn your van over.

Rowefast....I would appreciate it if you only answered on a question you knew the answer to. You are giving very basic, obvious answers or answers that have "like" in it....which brings me to the conclusion, you really do not know the answer and you are just guessing. I do not want a guess. I could have guessed myself. I only asked on here so I would get the actual answer.

74,765

Have to say those things because I'm not there to see for my self. I say "sure the battery from the truck will work if it hooks up right" because I can't see the other battery. Most people on here have some technical knowledge to fill in the blanks when asking a question. Other people need to go to a service shop for help. A battery is very basic. Sorry I can't hold your hand to get this done.

I was only asking what my minimum CCA was. I know batteries are basic knowledge. I know how to see my CCA on the batteries I have. I know how to hook up my battery and I wasn't asking you to hold my hand. I am not going to sit her and argue with you. I came off as being rude and I apologize. I just wish that when people answer, it actually be the answer to the original question and not just give a guess. I just didn't want to put a battery in it that would cause stress on my van because it wasn't enough power to continually start it.

74,765

Ok, sorry also, I was just concerned if the battery post where on the correct sides of the battery, or if the battery was physically too big to go into your van. A 12V batter is a 12V battery, and one out of a truck will certainly work just fine if it fits properly. I'm sure the battery out of the truck as at least 650 cca. which would be plenty to start your van. Make sure the battery cable connections are clean and tight so you cannot move the battery cable when it is attached to the battery.