1989 Mercury tracer wont start

Asked by Nov 25, 2017 at 09:27 PM about the 1989 Mercury Tracer

Stumped...daughters car broke down while
driving down the road, towed it home and
can’t seem to figure it out.  Car is getting
fuel, getting spark, timing belt good, timing
marks aligned, all fuses good, inertia
switch good, replaced battery, fuel pump
and the filter.  Still not starting and wont
even try, baffled!  Need ideas?

Haven’t checked voltage at the starter, it turns over fine...she said she was driving down the highway and it started stalling and she pushed the pedal it didn’t do anything so she pulled over, it died and here we are

I have had very random occasions where my car would loss power, as if it were running out of gas, limp home and not find anything! The next day, it would be fine.... these are the worst problems... still don't know

I am on my third distributor in my 89 tracer for some reason they kill the electronics in the dist it will still spark but not at the correct time I got one with a life time warranty so each time my car craps out I just get a new one