replacement with a differnet engine and use my tranny

Asked by Dec 13, 2010 at 09:16 PM about the 1973 Chevrolet Vega

I had one in Highschool 26 years ago and just got another this past weekend.  The orginal engine is in there and I can't find rebuild kits. Through the internet, I found out why, I would like to know what other kind of engine I can put in there that will bolt up to my 4 speed. I am really not interested in going the V8 direction. I don't want to go fuel ingection either. I want to stay cheap and just put it on the road for around town. Thank you for your time and any help. Mat in Graford Texas

I have a garage full of engine parts for vegas if you are still looking for parts email me im3stepmn@aol.com

95

you can go with a 4.3 liter its not expensive itll bolt up and stay carb