2014 Mazda CX-5 User Reviews

2014 Mazda CX-5 Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2014 Mazda CX-5 against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2014 Mazda CX-5 vs:

Have you driven a 2014 Mazda CX-5?

Displaying all 9 2014 Mazda CX-5 reviews.

says:
    Love, love, love this car so far! This is the one I finally purchased after checking the CX-5, CR-V, Rogue, RAV-4, and Tiguan. It has the best combination of all the good stuff with very little sacrifices. And the gas mileage is tops! Highly recommend.
    Power Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L worse.
    "You can feel the response a bit more in the CX-5; it just feels like a stronger car in terms of power."
    Handling Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L better.
    "Maybe because the CX-5 feels more powerful, it makes the CR-V feel slightly smoother. Both are great rides."
    Looks/Style Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L worse.
    "This is what it finally came down to... The CX-5 is just so pretty and sexy! The CR-V is a bit more plain. I just get excited looking at it!"
    Front Seats Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L worse.
    "Sitting in the front seats of the CX-5, I just remember thinking wow! I have so much room. The CR-V is also roomy so its very close."
    Back Seats Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L better.
    "Same as the front seats, it is only a tiny difference, not enough to make a choice between the two cars on that factor alone. Both have roomy front and rear seats. It feels like the CX-5 gave just a bit more to the driver and the CR-V gave just a bit more to the passengers."
    Cargo Capacity Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L better.
    "Its mere inches and I only chose because I had to. They are very comparable."
    Family Car Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L better.
    "it looks more like a family car and has just a bit more passenger room and just a bit more cargo room."
    Value Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L worse.
    "Gas mileage is higher and its just a little bit better looking car!"
    Would Buy Ranked 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L worse.
    "I did buy the 2014 Mazda CX-5 because I got a 4 year newer car for only slightly more and its just a sexier looking vehicle."
    CX-5

Looking for a Used CX-5 in your area?

CarGurus has 23,097 nationwide CX-5 listings starting at $9,499.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport Review
    Overall:

Best Compact Suv On The Market Right Now!!! — I really love this car. It drives really well for a 4 cylinder and gets excellent gas mileage for an suv period... it competes with most sedans but you still have the added space of an suv! The extra features of touchscreen dash, pandora, and bluetooth capabilities are all perks while on the road also. Great space for families in the backseat and trunk area.

Pros: Amazing on gas!!! Comfortable for a small family, great trunk space and back seat space, touchscreen dash and bluetooth capabilities, reliable, handles well on the road.

Cons: No 4 wheel drive!!!

Overall:

Good Car For Around Town And Longer Trips — Bought this car new from the dealer, it has great potential with only a few small inconviences. The price is slightly higher than a comparable CRV, but I've had people tell me they like my car over my dad's CRV of the same year. I did too, that's why I got it.

Pros: Drives like it is a much sportier car for the engine size, very comfortable and smooth even at high speeds. Road noise isn't too bad, and features are good. Large amount of space in the back even with seats up, seats fold down almost flat for loads of space.

Cons: The USB/iPod interface is awful. With how widespread USB and iPod integration is, it really is pitiful to see this feature so flawed with little chance of updating.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport Review
    Overall:

Best Features / Mpg For The Price — I looked at the CR-V, RAV-4, Sportage, Sedona, Tuscon and many other mid-size crossover SUVs and all of them had considerably WORSE MPG for MORE COST. This was an easy no-brainer to buy. Once I felt how smooth the ride was, and the extras included for the price, I was sold. Luckily I got the metallic dark/midnight blue color which everyone loves, unlike the ugly Ford blue with its purple tint. After 2 months of driving, both automatic and manual mode, I'm getting great gas mileage, and I feel safe with its great safety rating. Would definitely buy again.

Pros: Superb easy ride, best MPG in its class (almost 32 combined for me), seems very roomy inside, good storage space in back.  Feels solid and luxurious.  Quality vehicle.  Touchscreen audio has great sound!

Cons: GPS add-on cost is ridiculous ($700), bluetooth takes a while to resync, sun visors don't move back and forth, they just have the little slide out piece on the end, passing power is adequate but not great.  Wish manual mode didn't automatically downshift.

Overall:

Looks Great, Fun To Drive — I love my MazdaCX-5. This is my first time owning a Mazda and I am very happy with it. The car is beautifully designed, it looks great on the road and it is fun to drive. It is reliable and comfortable. I drove mine to MIami and back with no issues. Maintenance prices are fair. All of the Mazda employees I have encountered have been very friendly and helpful

Pros: Great design, comfortable, reliable, fun to drive

Cons: None

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring Review
    Interior Noise:
    Overall:

Okay, But Better Options — There is a great deal of road noise on this vehicle at highway speeds, particularly with concrete pavement (Interstates). In April I test drove the CX 5 and 4 other comparable SUVs, all the others (little to no road noise) were driven on the Interstate (dealers in the area) the only one not driven on the Interstate was the Mazda, my fault. The noise appears to be coming out of the rear wheel well area. I spend quite a bit of time on the Interstates for my job and the noise is constant. Friends say "just turn up the radio", but that’s not a solution. Both Consumer Reports and Popular Mechanics magazines have made it a point in their reviews to mention the "noise issue", wish I had read them first. The decision to purchase was based on my need to improve fuel economy, the looks and how the vehicle physically drove. (all of these are great) But I have regretted my purchase since the 1st road trip. Either a financial loss is taken by trading / selling it or I do something about it. So I have driven with the local dealer's lead Mazda mechanic, who said that it does appear that the noise is coming from the wheel wells and that the noise is acceptable, but referred me to the Service Manager. The Service Manager and the Mazda Regional Manager drove it and it was reported back to me by the Service Manager that the Regional said that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle and that was it. The SM said he would contact the Sales Dept to see if they would cover an undercoating for the wheel wells. Still waiting….. to hear back. If I don’t hear back then I will pay for something to lessen the “noise”. Of my last 5 vehicle purchases the CX 5 is the only one to have this issue.

Pros: Fuel, looks, drives well

Cons: Road noise, road noise, hood shakes

Overall:

Best I've Owned In A Long Time — I love almost everything about it and would highly recommend it. After reading many online reviews, I must say that I wasn't disappointed when I drove it in person. Purchase experience was fantastic. Can't say enough good stuff about it. Open Road Mazda in Morristown, NJ was great.

Pros: Stylish.  Good acceleration.  Great fuel economy.  Really nice features

Cons: mirror wiggles a little in the wind

Interior Noise:
    Long Trips:
    Visibility:
    Weight:
    Overall:

Fun To Drive Yet Easy On The Wallet — This car competed for our purchase with the CRV, RAV4, BMW X5 and Forester. The CX-5 distinguished itself with a very agile ride, comfortable seats, and great mileage. It drives very much like the BMW X5. Mazda has been called the "poor man's BMW." A better description would be "the car debt-free person's BMW." Long trips have been surprisingly comfortable. Despite the short wheelbase, the car holds the line well. On winding mountain roads.... well, that experience explains why Toyota and Honda dropped out of the competition. The CX-5 is lightweight and that is evident in the ride and materials. There is nothing soft about the ride (which seemed to be the case with the CRV and RAV4), but neither is it harsh. We are happy spending less for the car, auto insurance, gasoline (premium fuel not required), and future repairs compared to the X5 - with essentially the same driving experience.

Pros: Great handling and mileage (under mixed conditions), very good acceleration, comfortable front seats, good rear view camera, cargo capacity is good enough, programmable driver functions.

Cons: Smallish Navi screen can be a long reach for the driver, road noise can be noticeable but not distracting, limited number of dealers, rear seat clearance when folding down seatbacks.

says:
    I enjoyed the ride, manuverability and the gas mileage. It was just too small for my wife and my needs.
    Power Ranked 2012 Mazda CX-9 better.
    "The engine"
    Back Seats Ranked 2012 Mazda CX-9 better.
    "the space"

Displaying all 9 2014 Mazda CX-5 reviews.

2016 Mazda CX-5 Reviews

Fantastic - A Driver's Cuv By Kubota95

Only had it a short time but I love it more every day. A real blast to drive but great for the every day too. The 2016 Grand Touring 19" wheels are really nice, Technology Package LED lighting is rea... Read More

2013 Mazda CX-5 Reviews

One The Surface It Appears To Have It All. By MorningMist

I purchased this car for my wife as a daily commuter vehicle as she drove 30-100 miles a day. We bought the absolute top model available for luxury and comfort and also providing safety. Parked the ... Read More

Cars compared to 2014 Mazda CX-5People researching a 2014 Mazda CX-5 contacted a dealer about

CX-5

Looking for a Used CX-5 in your area?

CarGurus has 23,097 nationwide CX-5 listings starting at $9,499.

Have you driven a 2014 Mazda CX-5?