2005 Toyota Tacoma User Reviews

2005 Toyota Tacoma Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2005 Toyota Tacoma against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2005 Toyota Tacoma vs:

Have you driven a 2005 Toyota Tacoma?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 30 2005 Toyota Tacoma reviews.

2005 Toyota Tacoma Review
    says:
    Handling Ranked 2005 Nissan Pathfinder better.
    "yes"
    Value Ranked 2005 Nissan Pathfinder better.
    "all"
    Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 25,324 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,499.

Overall:

Small Powerful Truck — I love this truck. Its great all around vehicle for the beach, camping, pulling a trailer or boat. With almost 6000 LBS of pulling power the V6 is great and fuel efficient. I am a smaller guy and it fits me great.

Pros: handles great with great power for a small truck

Cons: none

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr PreRunner V6 Crew Cab LB Review
    Overall:

Toyota Make Great Cars — Stylist and fast. The 6 cylinder with the 5 speed automatic is ready to get it when it's empty. Hauling a trailer with a head wind the engine really has to work. Gets about 18 mpg combined city and highway miles. Had to add airbags for towing a small trailer in order to get it to ride level. Overall a really great car with the ability to haul up to 1000 lbs.

Pros: Handles great, accelerates great

Cons: springs too soft for working truck

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB Review
    Towing:
    Overall:

Great Work Truck — I like it's reliability, didn't like the looks. Great on gas or for any projects around the house. The interior was crap the paint job even worse, but I never had to worry about anything mechanical failing on it. I dont want to write anything more about it, you should just test drive it and see if you like it.

Pros: Great on gas for a truck

Cons: it looks like a painters truck, no offense

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr V6 4WD Extended Cab SB Review
    Overall:

Well Worth It. — I like everything about the 2005 Tacoma, it is good looking, very reliable, and maintains it's value. Up to now, the only issues I have had is battery, repelace tires and brakes. Unfortunately, now with 110k miles, i am having that hard steering wheel problem, it is getting very difficult to trun the wheel and it wont return to center.

Pros: Low mechancial issues, looks great, handling, very comfortable for a truck..

Cons: No GPS,

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr V6 4WD Extended Cab SB Review
    Overall:

I Just Love It — This has been a proven truck with decent gas milage, no trouble engine or transmission. it is safe and holds it's value. I would purchase a Tacoma again without hesitation. Great family vehicle. Nice for hauling. Excellent shape, easy to care for.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: Powerful, reliable Toytoa!

Cons: None

2005 Toyota Tacoma 2 Dr STD 4WD Standard Cab SB Review
    Overall:

Great 4x4 — This is a great little truck. It handles every job around the house without any problems (mulch, Home Depot runs, trash runs, brush collection). It does great with gas mileage because it is the four cylinder. It was owned by a buddy before me, again a great truck with no complaints. Worst aspects are that it is only a two door, which means cab space is limited (passenger and groceries are a tight squeeze) and the four cylinder can't tow more than a single jet ski without struggling.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: Most reliable 4x4 around.  Great gas mileage for a truck.  Enough bed space for almost any around the house job.

Cons: Four Cylinder engine struggles when towing more than a jet ski or small trailer.  White paint is a pain to keep clean.

Overall:

Great Vehicle For Off Road, Powers Through Anything — Not very family friendly and could have used a bit better gas mileage for long trips and the amount of driving I had to do. Love the power output and the traction and 4x4 works great. Most reliable vehicle I've ever had.

Pros: Great looks tires suspension

Cons: Family seating

Overall:

Loved It — It is unbelievably reliable and well built. I took it from Colorado to Maryland with 187,000 on it and it didn't even sneeze. These are great trucks, even if it is a little more than you want to spend, it is worth it. They hold their value incredibly well and for a reason. I would only ask that the brake rotors were a little more beefy, thats it. This truck will never leave you questioning your purchase.

Pros: I had my tacoma for six years, bought it certified with 27,000 miles on it and took it to 195,000 before someone cut in front of me on the interstate, totaled the truck. At 195,000 it ran like the first day I bought it and did not have one hose/ seal leak in the engine. CV boots looked brand new at 7 years old. Best truck I have ever owned. Do not hesitate to buy one with 100,000+ miles on it because it will last! I am a carpenter and constantly had mine under load, it actually rides better with a shell/ weight in the back!

Cons: My only complaint was the brake rotors. We live in the foothills of Colorado and I did a lot of driving into Denver, the rotors seemed to warp about every 15,000 miles. I replaced them with drilled rotors and never had a problem after.
    There were some rattles that came from the bed of the truck somewhere but I never could determine where, but it really wasn't any kind of a performance/ quality issue for me.

2005 Toyota Tacoma 4 Dr PreRunner Extended Cab SB Review
    Overall:

Solid Vehicle, Toyota Has The Reputation For Longevity! — Great commuter truck providing good fuel economy with plenty of power to handle those weekend projects and hauling midsized loads. Anyone looking for a midsized truck will enjoy driving this vehicle. This truck has been pampered and has many miles left in it.

Pros: Clean, nice driving, vehicle shows very little wear, the bed liner is basically unused. Accessible storage in the extended cab with the rear doors opening.

Cons: Not a good vehicle to put anyone in the back seats,

Displaying 1 - 10 of 30 2005 Toyota Tacoma reviews.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Awesome Truck By Carolinacoach33

I love Toyota Tacoma trucks. This is the second one I have owned and both were very reliable. You may pay more for it but in the long run you will come out being better off because they last so long a... Read More

2014 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

There Is A Reason Tacomas Hold Their Value By Tacosell

This is my third Tacoma and the best one yet. I was going to wait for the 2016 redesign but there are too many changes and a first year model needs to be beta tested. Maybe a lease would work but I wo... Read More

Americans Want Bigger Economy Trucks To The Point There Is No Longer Economy Trucks That Get 30 Mpg By pickupman

It's like riding on a cloud compared to my 94 Toyota pickup that I still have. When I heard they wasn't making a 2015 Toyota with a regular cab, I went to the dealer and actually got a nice price on a... Read More

2013 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Toyota Reliability In An Impressive, Powerful Truck Package. By bidawi

The Toyota Tacoma TRD has the power, beefed up brakes and shocks to tackle any rough terrain. On city roads, it drives and handles with aplomb. Long drives on freeways and country roads are surprising... Read More

Excellent Little Truck By MrOstrich

A nice looking vehicle that can carry moderate loads. Comfortable and practical interior. Good road handling manners. Weak 4-cylinder engine - have to really push it at highway speeds. Recently purcha... Read More

2012 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

Big Red. It May Be A Little Truck But It Is Tough. By nmortenson

I love that we can fill up the truck and go for drives and not have to worry about going into debt filling it up. It is comfortable and has perfect handling to go on any kind of road. We use it to pul... Read More

Impressions On Downsizing Trucks. By ptronsgard

I love the maneuverability and outstanding traction in snow. This truck does better than my 4WD GMC 2500 in deep snow. I used my Tacoma to get my GMC out from being hung up last winter. My wife even e... Read More

2011 Toyota Tacoma Reviews

I Love This Truck. By Leigh11235813

The only things I don't like about this truck are very minor. It would be nice to have a light in the glove box. It would be nice to have intermittent wipers. Other than that this truck served my p... Read More

Amazing, Incredible, Best Buy, Holds Value! By Jshaw405

It is an incredible vehicle. I love Tacoma's, can't say it enough! I have taken this off road, on road, on snow, on ice, on wet roads, it performs great! Make sure and get the truck bed cover, comes i... Read More

Cars compared to 2005 Toyota TacomaPeople researching a 2005 Toyota Tacoma contacted a dealer about

Tacoma

Looking for a Used Tacoma in your area?

CarGurus has 25,324 nationwide Tacoma listings starting at $2,499.

Have you driven a 2005 Toyota Tacoma?
    Rank your car →