2004 Saturn L300 User Reviews

Have you driven a 2004 Saturn L300?

Displaying all 6 2004 Saturn L300 reviews.

says:
We have the L300-1 3.0 V6 since new, now at over 145,00 miles. We have only had problems with short lived batteries and headlights. The expendables like tires, brakes pads and rotors last over 50K with a design easy enough I do them myself. I did nave the lifetime trans fluid changed at Buick. RELATED: The Buick GMC dealer is helpful plus suggest any GM OWNER should have a 200,000 mile service-life goal. I drive over 90 miles a day on two-lane highways averaging 26.4 MPG. Design is plain but seems to age well. Friends seldom can ID the brand at 1st sight. The Caddy is worth more but the Saturn the better car and value.
Handling Ranked 2004 Cadillac CTS worse.
"The drive off the plateau has lots of curve, dips and off camber section of blacktop. The Saturn is poised and seems planted ready to go where I point it. The Caddys body roll and the howls from the Pirellis do not instill confidence. It works OK but I have to be 100% involved in each action. I have to force my mind to look and point since the seat-of-the-pants feeling is that it is about to toss me off the road. The Saturn has Power assist braking or about a 15# pedal re-action, much like my trucks, while the Caddy is under 5#. It is easy to over brake. The caddy drives much better with the gas tank empty, if full the rear wants to wag around too much."
Looks/Style Ranked 2004 Cadillac CTS better.
"The sharp edges and chrome wheels are nice to see. The design theme is still in use so it doesnt look very old. Daughter likes that is class and the in-crowd will ride with her."
L300

Looking for a Used L300 in your area?

CarGurus has 125 nationwide L300 listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Overall:

A Poster Icon Dedicated To All The Reasons Gm Is Going Under. — I cannot adequately describe how bad this car is. Constantly goes into reduced power mode, interior falling apart, constant random shutdowns when driving, burns 4 quarts of oil a month, three collapsed cats, has gone through one battery a year, OD stopped working around 56K miles. Saturn wants me to "re-think American"; I did and will never buy another American brand again. Simply put: What is the difference between an '04 Saturn L300 with 350K miles? Answer: I can depend on the Toyota to start, run and get me where I need to be without involving AAA. Five more payments then Alpha Mike Foxtrot Saturn...Welcome to the family new Toyota.

Pros: None

Cons: To many to list

2004 Saturn L300 1 Sedan Review
Overall:

Reliable Family Sedan — Performance as been better than expected. It has a 3 litre V6 (basically a SAAB unit), and offers good acceleration and fuel economy. Handling is somewhat European as its its based on Opel Vectra underpinings. Disc brakes front & back. Build quality is OK, as far as fit and finish are concerned. So far its been reliable. Bought it with about 34K on the odometer, but it now has about 86K. Had one major repair under warranty, and the rest has just been routine maintenance. Appearance is OK. Interior is a mixture of budget and class. Exterior is average, and maybe slightly attractive. Gas mileage has been better than expected. Summertime, I get about 24 mpg city, and 33-35 mpg highway depending on average speed. Maintenance for the most part amount to $200/year over 3 visits. If you shutoff the traction control, its little more fun. With the TC on, it absolutely does not let the tires slip. Handles pretty good on the highway.

Pros: This car has been very reliable, handles well enough, and achieves respectable fuel economy.  It even looks better than average in my opinion.

Cons: Gas tank has a filter in it which disrupts the flow of fuel to the engine when the level is 1/8 of a tank.  Don't wait for the low fuel indicator to come on before re-filling, else you can't start the car !

2004 Saturn L300 2 Sedan Review
Overall:

Luxary Car — The only thing that I don't like about it is that it is really heavy. Hurts acceleration. The transmission is really sloppy. It only makes less than 20 miles per gallon from a V6

Pros: Stable

Cons: Slow

Overall:

My Best First Car — Performance- is great Build Quality- never had any problems it's like new. Appearance- Black, chrome wheels, sun-roof, automatic everything, on-star, V-6 engine, leather heated seats. Cost of Ownership- I spend about $50 to fill it up.

Pros: V-6 engine, leather heated seats, automatic, sunroof chrome wheels, on-star,

Cons: NONE

Overall:

Great Family Car With Good Gas Mileage. — My wife loves her Saturn. It's comfortable and safe yet sporty enough to have fun.

Owner for 2 years, 1 months

Miles Driven per Year:25,000

Displaying all 6 2004 Saturn L300 reviews.

2005 Saturn L300 Reviews

One Of Saturn's Best Luxury Cars By eanderson194

After having this car in our family for 8 years there has been little to no maintenance repairs required. Due in part to regularly scheduled maintenance like, oil changes and tune ups. Driving this c... Read More

It Has Been Ok By dankin

seats are a little uncomfortable car drives well has had electircal problems. drives well seems to have good power and handeling. Read More

2003 Saturn L300 Reviews

Lexus Style At Saturn Cost By veruca_salt

I feel like I've already said pretty much everything that needed to be said about the Saturn L300 LS in the previous text boxes. Can't find any picture on my computer off hand, but will add some event... Read More

Don't Buy One Unless Its From A Dealership And You're The Only One Who'll Own It. By Dennis

High fun factor. Consequently a high cost of ownership. Decent performance. Had I purchased new, build quality would be much better. Dull appearance. Crummy gas mileage. Overall, the car hasn't substa... Read More

Cars compared to 2004 Saturn L300People researching a 2004 Saturn L300 contacted a dealer about

L300

Looking for a Used L300 in your area?

Have you driven a 2004 Saturn L300?