1991 Audi 200 User Reviews

Have you driven a 1991 Audi 200?

Displaying all 9 1991 Audi 200 reviews.

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo Sedan AWDReview
Overall:

Thor's Hammer, Better Than Amg Hammer! — over the past 110,000 miles, this car has given me more joy, more safety, more fun than any other car (and I've had almost 100!). she's saved my life over and over, quattro has performed flawlessly, she sticks to the road like the gum you threw out your window on a hot summer day! had the "porsche" pirelli 6000's when I got her, can't afford to get more in that spec... wow. she needs some body work but looks as beautiful to me now as she did when I got her... still look over my shoulder at her after she's been parked, can't help it. repairs are sometimes a bit difficult but always happen with patience, parts are somewhat expensive but offset by how long they last, sunroof and headliner need work but she's 23 this year, what lady doesn't sag eventually?! does need the euro headlights, will get them when I find a reasonable pair. can't say enough good about her!

Pros: best car ever made, period!

Cons: can't get another one brand new!

Looking for a Used 200 in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo Sedan AWDReview
Overall:

My Audi Can Beat Up Your Car — I recently purchased this Audi as my daily commuter vehicle. It is clean inside and out. I mean clean. I would have bought it just to part out, but it drives better than my 2007 Lexus. My friend laugh at the outside being dated, but all want to drive it after a ride.

Pros: It corners on rails and people under estimate it by it's age

Cons: Common maintenance can be difficult.

Interior Noise:
Off-Road:
Safety:
Snow/Ice:
Weight:
Overall:

True Love — This was my second 1991 Audi 200. My first being an Avant. This one (second Audi) was equipped with European headlights (worlds better than the standard units). The interior was in nominal shape. The headliner was completely intact, leather was worn but beautiful, and the wood was crack-less and brilliant. It was great to drive casually and a dream to get into boost. The old Quattro power distribution of 60% front and 40% rear made a driver very confident however sometimes it left you wanting more (oversteer that is).

Pros: You learn to love everything on the 1991 200.

Cons: Fuel economy.

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo Wagon AWDReview
Overall:

My 200 Quattro Review —

Car has a lot of power and torque from the software chip and the turbo. I am currently running 20psi of boost on a stock turbo. On the freeway it pulls for days, although since it is so heavy that takes away from the acceleration. It looks like a family car so nobody ever expects anything from it until you pull on them. The fact that it is a wagon means practically unlimited space with the backseats down for whatever you need it for. I have literally moved in this car, it even has roof racks. The lights on the front will light up anything you need them too. We had to go aftermarket since the stock headlights suck so much. Thanks Antoine! The car has been somewhat expensive to maintain, but all in relevance, it is still an Audi. If i had more time and money I would put in 2bennett Coilovers for the handling, and big brakes as well. The car still handles great without upgraded suspension due to the Quattro drivetrain. The 200 is a beast offroad as well because of this. The car is comfy and fun to drive, and the heated seats is a huge perk. Gas mileage kind of sucks, especially when you floor it, but good thing gas is so cheap right?

Pros: I love this car, its pretty perfect for me.

Cons: Gas mileage.

1991 Audi 200 quattro Turbo Wagon AWDReview
Appearance:
Overall:

Great For Hauling The Dog, Bikes Or A Trip Sking. Fun To Drive And Economical On Trips — Excellent daily driver that has been inexpensive to keep on the road. Car is still tight after 170K and the paint is holding up well. Gas mileage is to be expected for this type of car, 15-17 in town and 24-25 hwy.

Pros: Performance, utility

Cons: Can be costly if deferred maintenance

Appearance:
Overall:

The Beast — The beast, fastest car in town. Would do 180 between exits 15 and 16. looked like crap went like hell. many near death experiences lol. was much faster than a police package crown vic lol. probably the greatest car in the history of the world. it should be the mandatory first car for everyone

Pros: cheapest way to get past 180

Cons: Everything cost too much to fix

Appearance:
Overall:

Beast Like — Phenominal Braking, sexy turbo, awd handleing, audi built, god like acceleration

Pros: fast, sounds cool, leather interior, bose sound system.

Cons: Exterior is hideous

1991 Audi 200 Turbo Sedan FWDReview
Appearance:
Overall:

Sweet But Costly..... — This car was a beast! It had a turbocharged 2.2L inline 5 with 14 pounds of boost pushing out of the turbo. The five speed made it even more fun. This car had 253K miles on it when the odometer stopped working and that was before I bought it. It was beat but I couldn't kill it and I drove it HARD!!!! I even caught air in it!

Pros: FAST!!!!!  Fun!  Flashy.

Cons: EXPENSIVE MAINTAINENCE!!!!!!!  Not affordable to keep up with and needs a lot.

Appearance:
Overall:

That Beast Of A Car —

I've drove my 200quattro for 3years straight without any problems from montreal to P.E.I( prince edward island)19 hours.10 min. rest stops. then to cape-cod 12hours and back into canada- montreal for another 12-15 hours.Not a stop .but, for gas. Even the gas milage was incredible. especially once I'd put the 94. that car started doing what today's car couldn't match. I was comfortable, i was secured. going through the country the winter with all this snow and ice was scary but, that, car behaved like God built it. not man.I still haveit, it's my baby. nothing, no car in this world makes me so confident. I've drove many cars in my life.but, i walk in already missing that, cockpit. the 200quattro 5speed is one of the world greatest cars.I've never had mechanical problems, i've never had electrical problems except for the heated seats. my only problem with this car is the headlights. too dull.I've beaten the supra with this car, mustangs,mercedes,hot rods,I've been able to get it up to 220klm. i was so scared i said never again.this car is 100% underated.for those who don't know. now you know. It's a BEAST. I'm otis. living in montreal canada.presently the car has been repainted in it's pearlwhite. I'll be changing little things,but, nothing to offset it's beauty and history.the bumpers are all in pearl white. with the cheap turbo exhaust from cdn tire. the car sounds like a porsche right now.every one turns their head.This car would always be by my side. AUDI should be proud

Owner for 7 years, 3 months

Miles Driven per Year:600,000

Displaying all 9 1991 Audi 200 reviews.

1990 Audi 200 Reviews

No Thanks, Never Again! By Stefan

CarGurus doesn't allow me to enter the correct model year, 1980, I guess they don't know much about European cars. In any case, the car drove reasonably well. Fast in a straight line but a bit front ... Read More

Sleek Red Bullet Car By Marshall

These cars were way ahead of their time. the interior was something Detroit STILL could not touch today -- 18 years later. The car got 20 MPG, was fast, big and comfortable and had power everything. ... Read More

Looking for a Used 200 in your area?

Have you driven a 1991 Audi 200?