I have a 95 mustang gt 5.0 and ive checked everything and everything is working properly but it still overheats. Was wondering if i take my thermostat out all year will it mess up my engine

Brian Seibert
0

Asked by Brian Mar 14, 2014 at 09:12 PM about the 1995 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

82,965

Your gas mileage will be worse. Personally I would run a thermostat, 195^. Lets fix the overheating problem first. What did you check? What are the symptoms, when does it overheat?

18,335

I agree with Tom. 1995 the radiator is most likely bad, if you take out the thermostat the ECM won't see a warm engine and try to keep the engine controls in open loop, and that holds the timing advance lower and the fuel ratio higher so that is why the fuel mileage drops.

Brian Seibert
0

Everything is good i put new cooling fan on bout 3 months ago it still works i checked the raditor its good theres a new tempature gauge sensor in it the only problems im noticing is when i put water or coolent in the coolent box within almost two weeks my light will say low coolent and there is not water in the box but my raditor is holding water fine i just dont know cuz its messing with my alternator and spiking my oil pressure

18,335

You may have an intake leak or possible cracked head or head gasket if you are loosing coolant and no visible leaks, but your alternator and oil pressure are separate items unless your alternator is going over-voltage and messing with the entire electrical system.

Brian Seibert
0

Idk when i got the car the boy was gutting it out to make a drag car out of it and he messed alot up that im slowly having to fix but its a good running car and in pretty good shape besides the over heating