new fule pump power pack for spark starts runs great drive for 30 minn. come to stop car dies put in park starts put in drive car dies cool down starts moves what is wrong

19906000le
10

Asked by 19906000le Sep 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM about the 1990 Pontiac 6000 4 Dr LE Sedan

judge_roy

GET a NEW battery as batteries will be NO good after five years and start playing hell with the alternator....wirebrush the end of the black cable and the chassis ground where it connects~ proper voltage and amperage will be restored and the ECU will have a chance to get it right~ fuel pumps do not die a little at a time...but dodgey GROUNDING does cause this to appear~ this most important of GROUND points services the ignition, fuel system and all instruments and dashboard...so get 'er clean~!

19906000le
10

new battery new alt new fuel filter

judge_roy

yes but to get that potential through to the fuel pump....it NEEDs the black wire...ALL gotta have the black wire~ Point 0/0 is THE most important point on the schematic~

judge_roy

wirebrush the chassis or one of those small spinny wire wheels on your drill..to get an uninterrupted connection to the main 1/0 cable lug~ (also wirebrushed clean)-....yes~

19906000le
10

trans ,module? trany lock when comming to stop kills motor did clean connections.