headlight moisture

jennyo
25

Asked by jennyo Apr 30, 2011 at 12:39 AM about the 1999 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

I had the headlight unit out but could not see how to detach the wiring harness for the headlamp itself to completely dislodge the unit.  I want to get the moisture out and analyze this problem and fix it.  Someone mentioned how on earlier post, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the wiring harness disconnected.  Thanx.

papa

you just turn the black plastic ring at back of light,pull bulbs out.as for the moisture,no way to stop this the seal is gone,they will have to be replaced.

Jeff Leeper

You can use silicone or rtv to seal them, but you can only seal from the outside perimeter of the headlamp assembly. You can find used headlamps in good condition for $25-$50 per side or you can pay a couple hundred per side for new ones (Ford hasn't licensed anyone to replicate Lincoln headlights).

Jeff Leeper

Dwayne... seriously, stick to what you know.