My 2003 Kia Rio Cinco was in an accident 3.5years ago. The engine is full of fluid to the top.....Why?

6bobbyboy1976
0

Asked by 6bobbyboy1976 Feb 03, 2013 at 08:31 AM about the 2003 Kia Rio Cinco

My 2003 Kia Rio Cinco was in an accident 3.5 years ago. We just  got enough money together to have it
repaired this past month. The body, radiator,condenser and to fans were all repaired with new parts. I had
the body man change the oil and filter and asked him to fill the radiator and engine with new antifreeze. He
said it seemed as though it wasn't going to get full. The car wouldn't start, so we thought it probably was a
problem with the gas. I had a friend of mine tow it to his house and he and his sons would check it out. They
found that the gas was bad, but the worst was that the radiator was empty and the engine was full of
water and antifreeze and the oil all mixed together. What would cause this to happen and what is the
easiest and quickest way can to fix this problem for the least amount of money to make this beautiful car
with only 35,000 miles on, the car my family and I remember. As you can imagine, my family and I were
very saddened by this news.

Lee Swindells
15

blown head gasket,or cracked head,water and oil are seperated by channels in the motor with gaskets between parts of motor ie block and head if gasket fails or block cracks or head cracks the water and oil mix thats most likely how u have oil and water mixed

DavidH25

True, Lee. can't dispute that. Only thing is that happens when the car is running, the hot coolant is forced in to crankcase through cracks in head or block, or head gasket where water jacket is near an oil passage. But I suppose it could have slowly seeped while sitting. Looking at the front end of that car, yeah it tool a lickin' but not bad enough to break a block. Unless it is aluminum, which it probably is so scratch that. is And in 3 1/2 years, gas will go bad, that is a certainty. The more I sit here and think, back to Lee and his answer, I am guessing and fishing he is most likely correct to begin with, all except the gasoline going bad, that is predictable. but. The thing keeps popping in to mind is did a body shop fix the A/C condenser and radiator and fans? That maybe should have been done by a regular mechanic, yeah, easy for me to say, I know.

68,335

Instead of guessing the cause, find out what you have. Drain the engine fluids, fill it with oil and have a compression test of the cylinders done or try to start it. For all you know, the body shop guy could have poured coolant in the engine crankcase.