is the 35th anniversary worth more than just the 1999 gt???

35thanniversary
25

Asked by 35thanniversary Dec 31, 2007 at 08:35 PM about the 1999 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

i have a 1999 mustang gt 35th anniversary and i went to the nada car book for its value and it said 14900....then when i tried to check it in the kelly blue book they dont have a catogory for anniversay gt mustangs...and there value is 8700?????....im so confused! and i have a very clean car just want to sell or trade and have no idea the true value????.....james

papa

$14,900 is a bit high for a 99,10,000 to 12,500 would be about right,their are so many on the road it is hard for a car lot to get that much out of one.

25,045

Yes, I would shoot for somewhere in between the high and low value depending on condition when selling it. The 35th anniversary doesn't really do much for the value.

meanoldmoe
675

The 35th anniversary Mustang really is just a trim package . Chances are if you have a Bullit ,Shelby, or SVT you would have something more collectable. Ford , for some reason , doesn't do much special when it comes to an anniversary edition . The 20th anniversary Gt350 did come with a special trim package , as well as rare options , such as Turbo convertible. For the 25th , they had a special paint color ( forest green I think ) then the next year , they offered the green as a regular color . Maybe a collector might offer more for an anniversary car , but , seeing the track record , don't bet on it being much more then a regular GT , especially being not very old yet ( give it another 15 years)

Alex King
695

basically it was just a badge and rims... ur not gona get any more for it than a regular GT mustang i give them props though ... its just a little special edition... it should be worth around 10k to 13k depending on mileage and condition...

BuiltToughCobra
125

Are you sure it's an actual anniversary model? Don't get thrown off by the 35th year anniversary badges. A true Anniversary model would have a honeycomb panel across the trunk. But the anniversary models are MUCH more rare since only a small number of 1999 Mustangs were anniversary models, therefore making them worth more.

walt460
290

The 1999 Mustang 35th special edition mustang was a lot more than just a badge and a honeycomb panel across the trunk. First off, it was option code 54Y which was a $2695. option on the GT, so you had to first order a Mustang GT then pay $2695 more to get the 35th anniversary package. Now, for your $2695., you got a lot of very special content on your GT - a raised hood scoop - flat black on the hood from the mouth of the scoop to the edge of the hood. - Extended side scoops - a special wing spoiler that is unique to this model, not like any other 1999 to 2004 rear wing. - A black honeycomb trim panel between the taillights - Special rocker side moldings - Special 17" 5-spoke polished wheels with black inserts - Special silver leather inserts in the front and rear seats - Special silver leather door inserts - Special silver instrument cluster trim with "35th anniversary" - 5-speed cars got a special billit shift knob - Special "35th anniversary" floor mats - ....and two other special build items that were never in Ford literature. You could have your pick of coupe or convertible, and 5-speed or automatic, and any one of four colors; Crystal white, Silver, Black, or a special Performance Red which was not offered on any other model, just the 35th anniversary cars. There were 4628 of these very special cars produced; 2318 coupes, 2310 convertibles. 1555 were performance red, 1299 were black, 1259 were silver, and only 515 were crystal white in color.

CheckM8
155

BuiltToughCobra and walt460 are right on. Also there's a little tag under the hood that should be there with the number of your issue. Don't get hung up on just the tags alone. Ford put 25 year tags on all late model 1989 and 1990 mustangs. Tag is on the dash. Most people think they have somehing special there too but it's not so.

walt460
290

CheckM8, on these 4,629 Special 35th Anniversary Edition cars there is no little tag under the hood that shows the unit number. Ford did not do this on these cars. The only way you can identify the unit number on the car is on a metal plate that is attached to the body in the area behind the left headlight. This plate is the body tag, it is there on all 1994-2004 Mustangs, and it will be painted body color and very hard to read. The other option is to contact someone who has a list of the unit numbers with the matching VIN numbers. Such information can be gotten on the forum of www.stangnet.com

Smithcl06
40

The forum has been helpful already, but I have one remaining question...I recently purchased a 99' 35th on what I believe is a great deal, but I anticipated buying a new car at the beginning of next year. How collectible will the 35th be, or will the GT be collectible regardless? Succintly, should I hold on to the car for 5 or 10 years in hopes of the value going up as it approaches "classic" status, or should I try to get more than I paid for it before putting a large amount of miles on it? Please advise, and keep the worthwhile info coming!

Fan35
10

I have had my 1999 35th Anniversary Limited Edition 5 speed convertible for 14.5 years now, I bought it new in June 1999. I went to a vintage Mustang show today (9/22/13) and I still prefer mine to most others. Mine is black and still turns heads and gets comments from strangers. It isn't any more valuable on paper than the other GTs from that year, but the striking two tone interior is so much nicer than the stock at the time. I love the unique wheels and the blade-thin hood scoop. The 2000-2004 use a fatter, clunky scoop that I do not care for. The 99 had far-better looking side scoops, which the 2001-04's adopted. But best of all, the honeycomb rear valance makes the car look 100% better. I do not like the 1999 stock models, the 35th ALE fixed a lot of styling oddities the non-35th used. When buying a 99, you need to check to see of the plastic manifold recall has been performed. It is not cheap but if you don't replace it the coolant will eventually leak and you'll be forced to do it. This was a problem for all 4.6L V8s Ford made for a number of years. I will never sell this car, it's family to me and has given me 145K miles of joy. This model Mustang is one worth searching for and restoring.

35ltd
0

I agree with Fan35. I had mine for about that long and I still get the looks even parked next to the latest and greatest models of any car brand. It is like the not good looking girl but ridiculously attractive. I replaced the headlights, the cawl, and restored the seats (to original specs). I have it insured as a collectible with American Collectors Insurance for $280 a year, limited miles, pleasure only. It is now rare, just try to get a rim, headlights, carpets or even a hub cab. It will cost you 3 times if you even find it. I missed the recall on the manifold and I blew it. It cost me about $1400 to get the revised one installed. I'm sure time will have the final words.

walt460
290

I think the 1999 35th Anniversary Edition cars will always command some special recognition in that they were based on a GT only and a pretty pricey option package that came with a lot of unique owner merchandise. I hope the MCA has a special display area at each of the 50th celebrations for the Anniversary cars. I am restoring a 40th car just now, and these car are also a nice package, but they could be ordered based on either the GT or the non-GT (V6) car. The one I am restoring is a V8 5-speed car with the Mach 1000 stereo option, which makes it a pretty rare car.

maxistal
0

I have the 35th Anniversary Edition that was in the lobby of the Headquarters in Detroit. It has always been stored inside and has only 131 miles. Absolutely pristine. Any thoughts as to it's worth?

Cars4Life304
0

Walt460 is wrong about the tag my dad has a 35th convertable 5-speed and there is a tag on the dash and under the hood. The 35th is worth more it has special rims with a black panel between the headlights it has a special knob am spoiler with a hood scoop but mine has a shaker hood with silver in between the seats an the door. It may be lowered witch mine is. I mean I'm 12 and I'm probably not as smart as y'all but I know my mustang so I know how it is

Cars4Life304
0

Maxistal it's probably worth around $15,000.00-$16,000.00

walt460
290

Cars4life304, Really? There is a tag under the hood with the sequential 35th Anniversary unit number? And on the dash? I do not think so. The question I was answering was whether or not there was a tag mounted under the hood that had the sequential unit number for the 35th Anniversary car. And there is not, to my knowledge. So if your family has one of these 1999 GT 35th Anniversary cars, I would sure love a picture of the tag or ID plate that you are referring. Thanks, Walt

walt460
290

Here is a pic of the 2004 40th Anniversary GT that I finished a while back. It now has a 4.6L DOHC engine and a complete 2004 Mach 1 interior.

walt460
290

Pic of the engine. This a 8K mile "Aluminator" engine from Ford Racing with a 2001 Cobra intake.

35thAnnman
0

I have a set of the limited edition 35th anniversary gt rims for sale if anyone is interested.

chris99GT
0

I own a Black 35th car and there are no tags on it. There are companies out there that sell tags like that though so it was probably done by the previous owner or a dealership installed item. Anyone else here have one that doesnt have traction control or the Mach460 stereo? Mine doesnt have either. And before anyone says it isnt a real 35th car save it. It is number 2,090 of 4,628. And does anyone happen to have a set of the 35th floor mats? Mine didnt come with any. :(