After I changed the oil and put in some more antifreeze on my 2005 jeep wrangler I notice that when I start it up there is some white smoke coming out the tail pipe.... is this normal?

marquise
0

Asked by marquise Jan 12, 2013 at 08:28 AM about the 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE

DavidH25

If it's real cold, yes it's normal. It is just the condensation from the heat from the tail pipe turning the moisture in the air visible, it's not actually coming out of your engine. It probably has nothing to do with the oil change...but just in case keep a close eye on the oil level for a week or 2 and the coolant. Where I live, as I write, it's 12 degrees outside, and yesterday I went out and it was 18 at 8AM when I started my car and it did just what yours did and nothing is wrong with my car