idle

honda69man42
0

Asked by honda69man42 Jul 20, 2009 at 03:07 AM about the 1991 Honda Accord LX

the idle falls really low evean with the d-cap fully advanced tryed changeing fill filter didnt work

Steve Hayes
155

When was the last time u replaced the PCV Valve? Or did a tune up? Like plugs, wires, cap n rotor

Matthew Bohn
65

your cars getting old and its prob. high milage so its not going to run great and idle right like it use to.regular tune-ups, checking all the hosing for kinks, build-ups is about the best do-it-youself without having a mechanic do it.

Farrukh Ansari
15

get a mechanic to test for a faulty distributor, if its good, check the ends of the coil wire and spark plug wire for enough voltage, if still good, check spark plugs, air filter, and use a carbuerator or fuel injector cleaner. when ur gas is almost empty, empty whole bottle of cleaner in gas tank, fill the gas all the way and dont refill untill all gas is gone for best results. if nothing prevails, then it could be internal engine but i highly doubt that. ps: the main reason an older car will idle rough or has vibrations is either because of poor maintenance done in the past, or if the engine mounts are bad.