CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO LOCATE THE TRANSMISSION SENSOR??

keliko
25

Asked by keliko Aug 16, 2007 at 03:05 AM about the 1992 Honda Accord LX

IT IS STUCK IN 2ND GEAR [ITS AUTOMATIC], AND MY DAD THINKS ITS THE TRANSMISSION SENSOR. I THOUGHT THE TRANNY WAS SLIPPING BUT MY DAD DOESNT THINK SO. SO HE WANTED ME TO GO ONLINE TO SEE IF I CAN FIND SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHERE TO LOCATE THE TRANSMISSION SENSOR.

32,255

What transmission sensor are you referring to? The older cars did not always have Input and Output speed sensors, solenoid packs, etc., like many of the newer ones do. In any case, many of the transmission electrical components are located inside the transmission, either in the valve body located underneath the fluid pan, or accessible through a top or side cover. Without knowing which sensor he is referring to, or whether your vehicle has an electronically-controlled or traditional fluid-controlled automatic trans, this question can't be answered fully.

keliko
25

ACTUALLY IM NOT REALLY SURE, THAT IS JUST WHAT MY DAD THINKS IT MIGHT BE, HOWEVER HERE IS THE PROBLEM...FIRST THERE WERE 2 LIGHTS ON, USUALLY THE "P" AND THE "D" [ON WHEN I START THE CAR] THEN I WOULD RESET IT BY DISCONECTING THE BATTERY THEN WHEN I START IT AGAIN IT WOULD ONLY HAVE THE 1 LIGHT ON, WHICH IS THE "P"...AFTER DRIVING IT FOR A WHILE IT WOULD GO BACK TO 2 LIGHTS ON AT THE SAME TIME AND I WOULD LOOSE FIRST AND FOURTH GEAR...[JUST A REMINDER THIS IS AN AUTOMATIC] RESETTING IT WAS WORKING FOR A WHILE, NOW AND FOR THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS WHEN I START IT 2 LIGHTS ARE ON AND RESETTING IT DOESNT WORK. SO I DRIVE IT FROM 2ND AND IT SHIFTS TO 3RD AND THAT IS IT. SO MY DAD THINKS IT MAYBE THE SENSOR. SPEED SENSOR, TRANSMISSION SENSOR. SO FROM THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM THAT I EXPLAINED CAN U POSSIBLY TELL ME WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG??