throttel position sensor

brianfontaine
0

Asked by brianfontaine Jul 24, 2011 at 08:19 AM about the 2004 Honda Accord

I have a 2004 honda accord with a 4 cylinder engine. I have to replace the throttel position sensor. It has 2 screws holding it on but I can't figure out the heads on the screws. Can anyone tell me how to get the sensor off.

2,605

it might be a torx head....does it look like a star? also there may or may not be a gasket that you might need to replace as well

judson21
95

it may be torx screw heads. i have heard od people having to have them drilled out and bolt them on differently. try the company blox they may have a good replacement and suggestions on how to fix it.

bcabooze
0

I just recently changed mine. You have to remove the throttle body with the sensor, Then you have to grip the throttle body on to the table vise to hold it firmly. Then to have to grind the screw head down to plastic part of the throttle position sensor and chisel out the rest of the screw.