Idling problem

Mish
0

Asked by Mish Feb 21, 2007 at 12:00 PM about the 1992 Honda Accord DX

The car starts and idles for a few seconds then just turns itself off, even when i step on the gas it still falters and turns off, what could be the problem?

LouB
15,000

Hi Mish ... Tough question because there are a number of systems involved here and 100 places where the cause of death could lie. You can start with the basics like filters (fuel, oil, and air), distributor, and plug wires to see if everything is functioning, but you are probably better off getting a diagnostic run at your local dealer or trusted mechanic. I know it seems costly but by running things down that aren't the problem you use up your do-it-yourself savings pretty quickly. Seek professional help. Good luck!