My car shakes when it's idling and the engine light is blinking on and offf

tcstokes
0

Asked by tcstokes Nov 30, 2012 at 05:31 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX w/ Leather

I have a 2004 Honda Accord.  Over the last week, it has begun shaking when I stop the car.  It also seems as though the engine is pulling extra hard.  Just today, it began shaking harder while idling the the engine light blinks on and off when the car is stopped.  It stops blinking and remains on upon accleration from a complete stop.  I took it to a parts store and the codes indicated the Throttle Position Sensor and the Air Intake Sensor.  Does anyone know if these two sensors may correct the problem?  Please help!

008211
20

sounds like a misfire ...plugs or wires

tcstokes
0

Thank you! One of the codes did reference a misfire, so hopefully it's as simple as plugs or wires.

Domenic Loduca
45

Believe it or not, even just the oil level may be the problem, I had the same situation with my '07 Accord, and sure enough I was running low on oil because Honda's maintenance reminder has to be one of the worst systems put into any car. Still love my Honda though!

Jeremy Doolittle
15

I have the same issue with my 03 Honda accord EX. however, last week here in florida, we had ice rain and my car completely froze over. Now that it has thawed and warmed up outside, the car vibrates when idle and the check engine light would blink. could mine be the same issue as above or is there a chance that the engine has a crack in it somewhere?