My A/C will not work

proshooter82
0

Asked by proshooter82 Jul 12, 2014 at 11:21 PM about the 1994 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

My alternator went out and I had to replace it.  When the alternator went it, the dummy
lights came on in the dash.  The battery and the fuel lights. I changed the alternator,
but the lights did not go away.  I tried disconnecting the battery to reset it, but didn't
work.  Whats weird is the same day I did the change of the alternator, my A/C quit
working. It does not blow any air.  I checked the fuses and they are good.  So this is a
two part question...How do I get the dummy lights to turn off and how do I fix my A/C?

82,425

Have the alternator tested to see if it's charging. You can easily check this with staring up the car and probing the battery. Is it 14V? The AC issue might be serpentine belt related and or you bump and or forgot to reconnect a wiring connection.

BoholMark
2,855

You did disconnect the battery before you replaced the alternator. Please tell me you did.

proshooter82
0

Yes