Should I sell my clunker in states that dont require an inspection?

lookin4wheels
0

Asked by lookin4wheels Jul 12, 2013 at 07:17 AM about the 1996 Honda Accord LX

I have a 96 Honda Accord that I cant get tags for unless it passes inspection. It runs
okay. Always starts never leaves me stranded. Looks rough though. The cost to get it to
pass was estimated at 2300. I learned that South Carolina and 9 other states do not
require inspection. I am thinking of posting it ASIS for sale in other states rather than
trying to sell it here. Have you heard of anyone doing this?

82,685

People buy cars across state lines. You should have no problems selling in other states, but don't expect to get more than selling in your own state. You are deciding to cut your losses. As long as you state in your ad that the car will need some work and "as-is", you should be fine.

jamnblues
6,155

A '96 Honda that "looks rough"- how much can that be worth anyway?- not much- ok, it runs- that's your problem- if it didn't run (and it may not be far off from that) your problem would be solved- easily- California pays $1500 for cars brought in to be salvaged- OH! why not do that anyway? save the time, money, and the atmosphere

2,045

what repairs are needed?