My 97 integra won't start

Tomer Laski
0

Asked by Tomer Oct 25, 2012 at 01:32 PM about the 1997 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

For some reason it cranks but it
won't turn over. I have a 97 Honda
civic hatch with a 97 integra b18c1
swap. It ran fine yesterday but when I
left work the car bogged out on me.
Battery fuel spark plugs alternator
and starter are fine. Car ran for 2
minutes after it started up. Smells like
gas is leaving the engine bay. And if it
does turn over for a quick second it
sounds like a huge bubble of air
leaves my intake. Tried to push start
with no luck. Please someone help
I'm losing hope

DavidH25

If you smell gasoline, at any time, there is a risk of fire if you try to run the car. I know, my answer is not helpful fixing the problem..but I felt I must say something for your safety. Cars can be replaced: You can not be. I recommend having it TOWED, even if you got it started, to a mechanic. A competent mechanic. Maybe, hopefully somebody will answer you that knows more than I do that can help with a fix, but please be very careful, Gas leaks are dangerous. Good Luck and don't get burned up.

Tomer Laski
0

It's not a leak it just smells like it cause I think the fuel lines are clogged

DavidH25

Tomer I respectfully disagree. A clogged fuel line will not emit vapors or liquid gasoline, the odor of gasoline is distinctive, easily identifitable, and if you detect the odor then there is gasoline outside of a place where it's not supposed to be. Never never should you be able to smell it except maybe at the gas station when you buy gas. Otherwise, no. I have no stake in this. I am not going to debate it. I don't care if your car burns and melts pavement, just don't be anywhere close when it happens.