Why won't my Honda start?

donnysmom
0

Asked by donnysmom Mar 16, 2013 at 03:56 PM about the 2012 Honda Civic

Have a 2012 Honda Civic.  Don't use it much, but when I use it, it always ran well.  When I went to start it
this morning, the automatic key would not work, the car would not start, and no lights went on.  It is just
dead.  Any ideas?

14,225

Sounds like it sat too much and killed the battery, newer cars all have parasitic loads on the batteries that will drain a battery if it sets too long without starting and running it for a while. Have the battery recharged and tested, if it is alright after the drain you might think about buying a float charger, it will maintain the battery charge while the car is sitting for long periods of time.

donnysmom
0

Thank you, tennisshoes, appreciate your prompt response!