How to switch off the Maintenanace Light and Engine Light ?

Swarup09
0

Asked by Swarup09 Feb 01, 2008 at 10:03 AM about the 2000 Honda Accord Special Edition

I got my car maintenance serviced but the maintenance light still glows..I dont know for some reason the engine light also glows..Can you please help me ti switch them off..

Thanks,
Swarup.

23,655

Sounds like they forgot to turn it off. The engine light will require a code scan to find out what the problem is. Perhaps something they did caused it to go off. Have this checked by the person who did the service.

jc4450
105

What make is this car?

Stephen Grassey
15

I think it might say in the owners' manual...I'm not positive but you can do it yourself using the select reset mileage button somehow.

Joel Fallaise
225

to turn the maint light off, you need to have the car turned off, hold down the trip meter reset button, then turn the car on, still hoding the reset button, wait for the light to go out, then turn the car off, and on again, the light should be out, if this is a 2000 accord like your question says, sometimes the trip meters them selves have to be reset aswell for this to work, select models have this problem. The engine light could be your gas cap, if so make sure that it's tight then the light should go out three days later, if not you need to have it scanned by a computer to see wut it is

Jonathan Boothe
15

i assume you've gotten the problem fixed already but to clear out the check engine light all you have to do is pulled the #13 fuse (clock back-up) from the right fuse panel behind the dash for 10 seconds. if its still on or comes back on then you still have a problem. and make sure the car is off when you do this.

Katie Babbs
25

You can do it yourself by holding your reset button with the car off, then turn the key to the on position and release. Usually about 5 seconds. If that doesnt work you can always disconnnect to negative terminal then reconnect and it should be off.