Battery dies, radios stops working and comes back by itself. Can you help?

Wen9999
20

Asked by Wen9999 Jul 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord LX

I have this Honda Accord 2004 LX. Sometimes the battery just dies by itself and sometimes the radio stops working suddenly and come back after several days. I had it checked by a Honda service person and was told the battery is find and there is nothing wrong with the radio either, believe it or not. I tend to believe these two symptoms are linked together to something common. Any help is appreciated.

Wen9999
20

actually found this thread online and it says this problem is covered life time by Honda. http://www.justanswer.com/honda/1feyi-own-2004-honda-accord-radio-randomly-shuts-off.html Anybody know if this is true? I went to the dealer to have the car checked up but they didn't say anything about coverage. thanks.

oyacteen
95

My Camry was doing the same. Just try cleaning the contacts of the battery and see what happens.

Wen9999
20

Thanks. Will do that. Did your radio shut off and turn on by itself also?

oyacteen
95

Hmmm, nope. didn't do that. I am probably wrong then, instead try looking for loose contacts and solder joints.

judson21
95

Dirty ground and power wires from alternator to battery and battery to fuse box clean all.

2,435

i just re-read this. when i bought my 2007 accord used. they had to jump it before i could test drive it. so when it came time to negotiate i asked them to test the battery and that i wanted it replaced. they tested it and told me it was fine. i bought the car labor day weekend. i had a situations where the car wouldn't start and once it shut off on me while i was driving on the highway!! (scary!) when i moved to NH and got it inspected here, the mechanics that did the inspection do a general check of everything. during the inspection the battery decided to cut out. so they tested it and told me that battery was junk and that i should get it replaced. my first thought after that i was told that was, the honda guys lied to me and they probably didnt even test my battery. sorry for the long story, but maybe go to autozone and get a second opinion on your battery