engine vibration

wtlile
0

Asked by wtlile Nov 07, 2010 at 07:28 PM about the 2001 Ford Focus SE

my daughter has a 2001 focus 5 speed. the engine has excessive vibration and shakes the whole car. it has 140,000 miles on it . Any ideas?

papa

Bad motor / tranny mounts,the rubber in them gets soft and cracks,breaks loose from housing,causing this problem.if it is showing a SES light,remove the IAC valve and clean with carb cleaner,is located on throttle body,is round with a plug in.

torchbaby
10

Passenger side motor-mount is bad.

papa

you get it fixed,thing is when 1 goes bad,might as well change-replace them all,3 i think.

Clavinovaguy
25

Check the vacuum line down by the exhaust. There may be a hole in the line. If the line looses vacuum, the engine will not run smoothly.

papa

check for worn out motor -tranny mounts.