ENGINE VIBRATION / TPS

GEORGERANGER
0

Asked by GEORGERANGER Oct 29, 2008 at 02:05 AM about the 2000 Ford Focus

WELL HERE GOES, I took my fiancee car into the shop because she said it was making a sqeech noise when she would go over speed bumps or anywhere the road was uneven. Anyways we took the car to the shop and ended up changeing the timing belt, water pump and motor mounts just for preventative maintenance. So we got the car back but it wasnt the same and it would vibrate so much that the side mirrors we shaking.... And forget about it when it actually started moving. We took it back and the mechanic could not figure out what it was and just looked at me like (i dunno).(TIMING IS CORRECTLY SET ON BELT) So i went to another mechanic and he found the hose that causes engine vibration and all these problems ive read about online. Anyways now I have a tps problem and my car has burned up 5 tps and I have no idea why. We put a used throttle body and tps from another focus same year(2000) but it still vibrates like crazy and now the cel is on..when i put the new tps its worse than the used one I have and the transmission begins to slip...so now im running with the used tps and throttlebody and wasteing gas like a v-8.. Im totally lost and pissed i even messed with the car..im thinking I need a new engine cpu but i know nothing... NOW JUST TODAY 10-29-2008 THE CEL TURNED OFF... I HAVENT GOT IT CHECKED BUT THE ENGINE STILL VIBRATES LIKE CRAZY..IM PRETTY SURE THE CEL SHOULD NOT TURN OFF JUST WHENEVER?

Well thats all please help!!!!!!

Ready to sell in texas!!

Michael McGrail
5,705

As I am cruching the info you provided trying to figure out what would cause the rough idle and the loss of fuel, the tps is not fitting into this equation. MAF/MAP??? Maybe!!!! Most likely a vacuum leak. I am assuming that the first mechanic in equation probably forgot to plug something back up! And how can the timing be checked if it is running so bad?. How did he set the timing? What method did he use? Have you had the code pulled from the computer yet?? As the donor Focus may have been the same year, there were three different engine models that year, all with the same displacement.

Glo
0

So I got the same problem! If u find or have found a solution it would be a god send if u sent me some info on that?

Karl Madden
35

It could be the engine mounts. They are the black plastic caps filled with a gel. As they wear they start knocking, possibly giving the vibration you notice. It would be worth checking out.

anjy834u
2,825

i would have to agree here. it indeed is the engine mount which is causing the chaos. http://focus-ford.net/

RussHar59
30

I have a 2008 focus ses and the vibration is terrible. Its at idle and running. Ive taken it to three ford dealorships and they all say nothing is wrong. BULLSHIT. Anyhow ive delt with it for two years now and it a car i will never buy again. Gas milage is an issue also. Summertime about 31miles to a gallon but winter. Lord. 25 miles to a gallon. keeping the air filter replaced every 6 momths help some. But buyer beware of this vehicle. JUNK FORD FOUND ON ROADSIDE DEAD.